Safety and Risk Management Instructor
- - Indiana Electric Cooperatives
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you working in a job that lets you make a life-saving difference every day? If not, check out Indiana Electric Cooperatives. Indiana Electric Cooperatives exists to support 38 member cooperatives with tools and resources they need to operate safely, efficiently, and legally. We are hiring a Safety and Risk Management Instructor to provide high quality training, safety education, and programming for cooperative members. The ideal candidate will enjoy a fast-paced, energetic, and varied environment where he/she is comfortable making decisions on how to reach learners. This position requires routine travel throughout Indiana and a company car is provided.
Indiana Electric Cooperatives boasts a competitive compensation and an employer of choice benefit package that includes a company car, defined benefit pension plan, major medical, 401k, paid vacations/ holidays, paid volunteer time, identify theft protection coverage, disability, and life insurance coverage.
- Instructs safety training programs for employees of member cooperatives.
- Provides consultative expertise to member cooperatives, as requested.
- Stay current on latest instructional techniques, technology and industry innovations to deliver training that evolves with the needs of the learner.
- Researches, develops, and creates quality safety training programs in areas of specific expertise.
- Assists with training for REAP (Rural Electric Apprenticeship Program); this involves overseeing the programming at one or more hands-on schools (i.e., Substation School; Meter, Regulator, Basic Staking, and 12 KV Rubber Gloving School).
- Sets expectations and evaluates student performance in order to grant certification and/or accreditation.
- Assists with disaster planning and storm restorations, traveling to cooperative locations to coordinate and route work crews or to work with storm crews as needed.
- Completes field reviews with line crews.
- Five to seven years of experience in one or more of the following: metering, substation construction and maintenance, and/or relaying is required. Experience in more than one of these fields is highly desirable.
- Associate's degree with emphasis in engineering technology, safety, loss control, compliance or a related field is desired.
- Familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations.
- CLCP (Certified Loss Control Professional), CUSA (Certified Utility Safety Administrator), CSP (Certified Safety Professional), CPR/First Aid Instructor, OSHA 10 and 30 hour courses, NUTSEA, and QUAD State Instructor Courses are preferred.
- Valid driver's license; commercial driver's license preferred.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for continuous improvement and excellence in their work performance. An unwavering commitment to member service is essential to success in this role. Travel throughout Indiana is required.
Please include a cover letter and resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted by the association's human resources department. Resumes will be accepted through Wednesday, July 24, 2019.
Indiana Electric Cooperatives is an equal opportunity employer.